Frankie and I started Cooking 101 today. =) Just me and her. She recently saw the movie Matilda, a story about a little girl who doesn't have very nice parents and learns to care and cook for herself by the time she is 4yrs. old, and she is suddenly very interested in cooking. For dinner today she made us spaghetti, I stood by the whole time and gave her instructions and she did very well. =D I can't wait to get a new helper in the house. lol Here's a cool website I found in my search for kid friendly recipes, http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/kids/ , you'll also find handy tips on teaching kids to cook.
Jackson, my picky eater (the one who wouldn't eat spaghetti if his life depended on it) also wanted in on the action. He helped me make a seperate batch of noodles with butter and then ate his entire bowl! Talk about success!
Emily, my two year old who is in an entirely different catagory, goes around pretending her name is Wonda. She took up watching The Magic School Bus and one of the students names is Wonda, they were pretend role playing it one day and since then her name has been Wonda. What's funny is that she takes it completely serious, whether she is crying, playing or fighting, if you call her Emily she will correct you "I'm Wonda". Is this normal? lol
I'm so sad that I don't have a camera anymore I'm already missing out on recording so many special moments. =( I hope I find it soon.
1 comment:
Too funny! Wonda is a great name! It sounds like your fam. is having fun.
Post a Comment