Sunday, March 11, 2012

BMX Fun!

If your family is like mine than you understand how difficult it is to find a sport that all children enjoy doing. Aside from Soccer, which is one sport we found earlier this (school) year that all three of my kiddos enjoyed playing, we have discovered BMX riding.

Lately, my husband has been taking them to BMX riding clinics. Now although, those of you who know me well, know that I pride myself in having a hubby that will take the kids and give me my peace on Saturday mornings to either catch up on my sleep or the many chores around the house. This Saturday however, my youngest daughter asked if I would go and watch them ride.

It turned out to be such a great day, it was so much fun to watch my little munchkins make it up those steep hills. The look of concentration on their faces and satisfaction when they made it to the end. Not only did I find it fun, I almost wanted to grab a bike myself! Although I have to say that that starting gate does scare me just a little bit.

After the bike ride, we enjoyed a nice hike in the Cleveland National Forest. When we got home ofcourse I was ready for a nap but those munchkins were only ready for round two of bike rides!






3 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

What a fun family activity! Your kids are beautiful!

Esoteric Whale said...

Is this BMX park the one (sort of) by Gramma and Grampa Fry's?

Berenice said...

That would be Orange Y, I've heard the kids talk about it, they go there all the time but I have not been there yet. This one is in Bellflower.